Oral hygiene is extremely important, especially when you are in treatment with Invisalign or braces. Taking proper care of your oral hygiene and your appliances will help prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems. Here are a few tips to help you care for your Invisalign or braces in Tampa, and get the best results in the shortest amount of time:
6 Tips to Care for Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Remove your Invisalign clear aligners before eating and drinking. If possible, brush your teeth before putting them back in, and if you are unable to brush then rinse your mouth with water.
- Brush your teeth and rinse your aligners with cold water before putting them back in your mouth. Avoid using hot water since it can warp the aligners.
- Drinking sugary and acidic drinks will cause tooth decay while wearing your aligners. Avoid eating or drinking anything other than water while wearing them.
- Since it is easy to lose or break your aligners, please be sure to store them in the case provided when you’re not wearing them.
- Clean your clear aligners every day with antibacterial soap and cold water. Again, avoid using hot water since it can warp the aligners.
- Attend all of your appointments with GO Invisalign Tampa for optimal results and the shortest possible treatment times.
7 Tips to Care for Your Braces
- Rinse your mouth with water after eating to help remove food particles from your teeth and braces.
- Brush your teeth twice daily using an electric or soft-bristled toothbrush. Make sure to brush all surfaces of your teeth, including the brackets and wires of your braces.
- Floss daily using a floss threader or a small interdental brush to clean between your teeth and around your braces.
- Avoid sticky, hard, or sugary food and candy that can damage your braces or cause tooth decay.
- You must attend all of your appointments with GO Invisalign Tampa so that your braces can be adjusted according to Dr. Guzman’s custom treatment plan. Missed appointments will result in longer treatment times and higher treatment costs.
- Wear a custom fitted mouthguard designed specifically for braces while playing sports to protect your brackets and teeth. Please ask Dr. Guzman about the best options.
- If you experience any problems with your braces, such as a loose bracket or broken wire, contact GO Invisalign Tampa for assistance.
Getting the Best Results from Your Invisalign or Braces in Tampa!
By following these tips, you can help maintain good oral hygiene to prevent your teeth and appliances from any damage. Good oral hygiene and attending all of your scheduled appointments with GO Invisalign Tampa will result in the fastest treatment times with the most optimal results. It’s also important to visit your regular dentist for cleanings and check-ups every 6 months unless otherwise directed. Please let us know if you have any questions!